AEC Inc. was founded in 1984 by Ernie Brache to provide avionics engineering and consulting services for both fixed-wing aircraft and rotorcraft. By 1994, the company narrowed its focus to providing high quality aircraft technical publications and certification ICA support packages, and demand for these services fueled consistent growth for more than 20 years. Today, AEC Inc. employs more than 80 technical information professionals and is recognized worldwide as an industry leader for technical documentation and information management. It maintains its headquarters in Sandy, Oregon, U.S.A, with an additional office in Hamburg, Germany and San Jose, Costa Rica.
- 1984 – Ernie Brache forms AEC Inc. in Sandy, Oregon, providing avionics engineering services for avionics systems integration at various customer locations.
- 1991 – AEC refocuses business model to produce and publish technical manuals for corporate aircraft completion centers, to be used by pilots, cabin personnel, and maintenance crews. The company wins the business of Sikorsky Aircraft.
- 1992 – AEC outgrows existing offices and moves into a larger facility in Brightwood, Oregon.
- 1993 – AEC adds staff and restructures operations to focus staff time on client projects, while Ernie takes on new business development.
- 1994 – AEC begins working directly with Gulfstream Aircraft Savannah, Gulfstream Aircraft Long Beach, and equipment manufacturer Sundstrand Corporation.
- 1995 – AEC adds employees, including a dedicated desktop publisher to work on Sikorsky and Gulfstream, and adds business with AlliedSignal and Canadair.
- 1996 – The business moves to its current suite of offices in downtown Sandy, Oregon.
- 1997 – AEC grows and adds staff and clients, including Bombardier Aerospace, Gulfstream Aerospace, Garrett Aviation Services, among others.
- 1999 – AEC is selected by Lufthansa Technik to provide instructions for continued airworthiness for its first BBJ project.
- 2001 – Lufthansa Technik selects AEC to provide instructions for continued airworthiness for its first 747-400 VVIP interior, as well as CMMs. AEC opens the Hamburg office in Germany.
- 2006 – Greenpoint Technologies selects AEC to provide instructions for continued airworthiness for a foreign BBJ.
- 2009 - Jet Aviation Basel selects AEC to provide technical documentation for VIP interiors.
- 2012 – AEC earns ISO 9001:2008(E) certification.
- 2015 – AEC earns AS9100C QMS certification.
- 2017 – AEC is selected by a pioneering spacecraft manufacturer to author maintenance manuals.
- 2017 – A major supplier to the US Department of Defense works closely with AEC on technical publications.
- 2017 – AEC is selected by a US Airline to assist with development of engineering and documentation.
- 2018 – A metropolitan light-rail agency awards AEC with a multi-year contract to upgrade it's maintenance technical documentation.
- 2018 – AEC earns AS9100D QMS certification.
- 2019 – AEC completes work for it's first 3D Solid Modeling customer in the architecture industry.
- 2019 – AEC begins a project for installion of a surveilance system on a fixed-wing aircraft.