What information is AEC Inc. gathering about its visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g. earthlink.net) and an IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the AEC Inc. website, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our web server. This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is below:
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you
- Your IP address
- The web page that you may have linked to us from, if any
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0)
- The operating system platform that you may be using (e.g. Mac OS, Windows, Linux)
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g. Google, Yahoo, or Lycos)
There is absolutely nothing special about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by virtually every web server on the Internet today.
We collect this information for two reasons: (1) AEC Inc. examines visitor traffic in aggregate in order to ensure compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems used by our site visitors. (2) AEC constantly analyzes site traffic patterns (in aggregate) to determine which pages are most visited by users, and thereby we can adjust in order to attract more site visitors.
What about Cookies?
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information does AEC Inc. request?
We may also request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict "No Spam" policy. That means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third party without your consent.
Will AEC Inc. disclose the information collected to Third Parties?
AEC Inc. will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to:
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on AEC Inc.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of AEC Inc. or visitors of AEC Inc.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.